When I came to the 12th verse of Mormon chapter 3 in my reading, I was in awe at Mormon's love and I knew that this was the kind of love that I wanted to have for the people of Brazil as I serve my mission. I was amazed that he would support them in battle, giving his life for them, knowing that it would be in vain because of their wickedness. I feel like that is exactly the attribute that a missionary should have. Investigators won't always keep commitments and they may be set in their ways, but a Christ-like missionary would love them regardless, and show that love through their kindness, service, and understanding. A Christ-like missionary would pour out his heart in prayer unto God "all the day long for them". This requires a self-less heart. A mission is not about how many baptisms one gets or about how a missionary grows although those are benefits, it is about the people. A mission is about how the people change because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is about how the spirit works in their hearts to make them a better and a happier people. It is about bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. I am so excited to serve a mission! I am so grateful for this opportunity to share with others something that is so important to me and has changed my life for the better and for good.
No comments:
Post a Comment