Monday, February 4, 2013

To the Wonderful Women in my Life



Throughout the past 19 years of my life, there have been women along the way to guide me and strengthen me. It amazes me how strong you are! Of course, I can't hesitate to express the deep gratitude that I feel for the sacrifices that my loving mother has made in my behalf. Mom, you are my best friend. You have been with me through every trial and have guided me with your sweet spirit. I know that Heavenly Father looks down and thanks you for the work you did in raising 4 wonderful kids. Several other women, sisters, teachers, church leaders, and friends have been a good example to me in my life.
In my Book of Mormon class this past week, we studied Alma 57-63 and learned about the 2,000 Strippling Warriors. These are young boys and men who chose to go to war against a more wicked group in order to preserve their religion, their freedom, their peace, and their families. The faith of these young men is absolutely astounding! But what amazes me more is that they attributed their faith to their mothers' teachings. "I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them" (verse 21). President Gordon B. Hinckley said, "I know of no better answer to the foul practices that confront our young people than the teachings of a mother, given in love with an unmistakable warning". Because of their mothers, these 2,000 Strippling Warriors had such immovable faith in the power of God that they did not doubt that they should be preserved by his marvelous power. And because of their faith, they were saved. Not a single young man was killed. My Book of Mormon teacher explained faith this way, "Faith is not to know that God can do something or could do something but that God WILL do something".
I am so grateful for the faith of the women in my life. I hope that I can be a mother as great as you. Don't underestimate the power for good that you have in this world. Don't forget how precious you are to your Heavenly Father. You are so beautiful to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment